May 5, 2011
Posted by Guillermo Mazier
Mobile usage is quite staggering when you look at the numbers. According to Microsoft TAG’s mobile marketing research some of the impressive data includes:
- There are currently four billion mobile phones in use today
- By 2014, mobile Internet should over take desktop Internet use
- One-half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices
- 86% of mobile Internet users are using their devices while watching TV
- Americans spend and average of 2.7 hours per day socializing on their mobile device
Just yesterday, IBM released a study, “The State of Marketing 2011,” and mentioned the rise of mobile marketing explaining, “consumers are rapidly adopting connected mobile devices and smart marketers are aggressively following their audience.” However, their research showed a continued lack of integration between traditional marketing plans and mobile.
With the exponential growth of mobile usage, it’s important to be ahead of the game and not be left behind. Creating even a basic mobile website for your economic development organization enables visitors to get the information they are looking for—even property searches—when they’re on the go.
To learn more on mobile sites, visit our website.