During Atlas’ recent webinar How Site Selectors Are Using GIS to Shorten the Location Evaluation Process, Keith Gendreau, Site Selection Consultant for Cushman Wakefield, spoke about the evolution of economic development websites. The most visible improvement he noted was in websites enabled with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and how these sites are now considered best practice for economic development organizations working to attract new business investment.
In the presentation, Keith also stressed the importance of easy navigation, usability, demographic and business data, sites and building inventory and readily-available contact information.
Here are Keith's top 11 economic development websites (all enabled with GIS):
- Alabama Power*
- Charlotte Regional Partnership
- Commerce Lexington Economic Development*
- Greater Wichita Economic Development Coalition
- Indy Partnership*
- Kansas City Area Development Council
- Mecklenburg County GIS
- Northern Kentucky-Cincinnati Airport runway flight noise
- Ohio Business Development Coalition*
- Oklahoma Department of Commerce
*Atlas Advertising Atlas InSite GIS client
Atlas is thrilled our clients At Alabama Power, Commerce Lexington, Ohio Business Development Coalition/Ohio Department of Development, and the Indy Partnership were mentioned as top notch by a professional user of such sites.
To learn more about why these sites were named, view the full presentation.