Summertime travel season is quickly approaching. Does your family have its annual Disneyland trip scheduled? Or maybe you’ve decided to go international sans kids. Even a “staycation” sounds nice to us. Wherever you decide to go this upcoming summer, think of us as your strongest advocates to explore new places. After all, we’re relentlessly curious and proponents of discovery. We’re place marketing enthusiasts, and so it’s only natural we have a knack for travel.
Speaking of travel, we have some good news for those considering a vacation abroad. According to CNN Money, the dollar is currently enjoying one of its strongest periods in recent history. The dollar will yield a lot more when exchanged for other currencies, so it feels to us like a great time to take a trip and buy all of those expensive handbags you’ve been wanting – but be wary of knock-offs!
On the hot list of destinations this year:
- Europe—according to one site, flights to Paris are just over $500. Besides France, travel to Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, and Austria is almost 20% cheaper than last year at this time
- Russia—tourism has tanked due in part to the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, western sanctions, and decreasing oil prices, so discounts are not hard to find
- Brazil—the real (Brazil’s currency) has lost nearly 30% of its value since last year, so if you want a sneak peek at next year’s Olympic venue, now’s the time
- Columbia—Bogota and Medellin are booming tech and cultural hubs, the beaches are beautiful, the coffee is second to none (according to Columbians, of course), and the U.S. dollar has gained 18% in value on the peso in the last year
- South Africa—flights to Cape Town are down 24% from last year at this time, it’s about 13% cheaper to vacation in South Africa right now, and who doesn’t yearn for an African safari?
Whether you’re making the trek across the Atlantic or are traveling south to the equator (even camping in your backyard), we encourage you to explore far and wide, find unique perspectives about the place(s) you’re visiting, document your adventures, and share with us your greatest experiences (because we always love a good story!)
As we mentioned, we’re place marketing enthusiasts who strive to empower community greatness. We’d love to hear about your upcoming adventures, and we invite you to learn more about our travels (our team has seen some pretty neat places). And while you’re at it, take a look at some of the cool stuff we’ve done with communities all over the nation.